Friday, December 28, 2012

Oscar Asbanu

It was a very hot day in Adelaide. I was walking around Rundle Mall, taking photos of buskers. This guy is the last one I came across. I have seen this guy numerous times over the years busking in Rundle Mall, but never got to really appreciate what he does. This particular day he was playing the didgeridoo and drum so hard you can feel his passion for the music. The unforgiving sun was shining on him, and he was drenched in sweat. Still he carried on, determined that his music will somehow stop people in their tracks and may be donate some coins. He did. a small crowd gathered around him and some put money in his bag on the ground. It was an extraordinary sight to witness.

When I processed this photo I googled him. He busks for his passion for music,  but also he actually donates some of his earnings to a charity back in his home country West Timor. His name, is Oscar Asbanu.

"Oscar Asbanu"
"Oscar Asbanu 2"

No comments:

Post a Comment